Before I go into too much detail about the Cuisinart GR-1 Griddler, let me ask you:
Have you ever longed for just one afternoon in the the streets of Italy, just so you could have a SINGLE delicious panini one more time? If you’ve ever had an authentic European panini, then you know what I mean. Even if you’ve never had an authentic panini, I bet that the thought of a crispy, juicy and melty Italian sandwich is more than enough to make your mouth water.
Wow, I’m actually making myself a little bit hungry writing this!
Fortunately, the Cuisinart GR-1 Griddler is like having Italy in your kitchen…Instead of walking down the street for you sandwich, you just plug in your best panini grill.
Let me share with you why I like this grill so much:
- The Cuisinart is about the size of a piece of paper with an extremely streamlined design, so it’ll fit well into any kitchen’s decor
- Casing made from stainless steel – You’re getting an extremely durable panini press with this one
- ‘Floating’ hinge makes it easy to fit any sandwich between the grill, no matter how thick it is
- Built-in Indicator lights let you know when your grill is at the appropriate temperature
- Deep grooves in grill plates make fancy authentic looking Italian paninis with grill lines
- 1 Preset temperature proven to consistently make the ‘Perfect’ golden brown toasted sandwich, you don’t have to worry about perfecting the thermostat or anything like that
- Comes with recipes and all the cleaning tools needed for this grill
- Non-removable grill plates, probably not a big deal for most people (I can’t remember the last time I changed grill plates…Ever!)
Basically, the Cuisinart GR-1 Griddler is a cheap alternative to many of the more expensive ‘restaurant quality’ panini presses out there.
Currently priced at $44 on Amazon, this Cuisinart panini grill may be cheap, but it more than holds its own against $50+ more expensive appliances from other brands.
You’d think that only having 1 temperature setting would make this panini maker less attractive to use, however, this isn’t the case at all. In fact, many people have stated that they’re PREFER having only 1 preset temperature, because it takes all the pressure off the user to pick a good temperature.
With the Cuisinart GR-1 Griddler you know that if you put your sandwich between the grill plates, sometime in the next 10 minutes you’re going to have a perfectly cooked sandwich. As long as you keep your nose open and make sure you don’t accidently burn it, cooking paninis has never been easier!
I really feel that the Cuisinart GR-1 Griddler is a perfect solution for anyone who misses the taste of authentic Italian style sandwiches, or who just wants to make better tasting sandwiches from the comfort of their own kitchen. You get a reliable grill that’s easy to clean and maintain, and that looks good in your kitchen. What more do you need?